I found this an interesting and at times a difficult challenge with a restricted palette of one colour. As I started to look at colours and all of the different tones and shades it made me realise that there was a wide range of colours/tones within a single colour.
I wanted to try using a Gelli printing plate for this particular project I used fabric paint spread across the plate using a brayer and then I moved the paint around using a catalyst painting wedge and removed paint in places using bubble wrap and foam stamps. I then printed it onto plain white muslin cloth with Freezer paper ironed onto back to make it stiff enough to handle more like paper. I tried several different colours purples, blues and greens, and over printed as the plate was only 12″ x 14″. After they had dried, I chose the green as I liked the curves and flowers. I layered up with plain white fabric under the muslin cloth and quilted using two different shades of green threads. I then added some additional stitching by hand and used a commercial khaki green fabric to bind the quilt.